Monday, April 03, 2006

Javagal Srinath

I love the way this bloke does commentary. Many people have several objections (and valid ones) towards his commentary. His difficulty in communicating with precision in English language is the primary of these. Some feel he does not add enough insights.

But tell me which of Gavaskar and Shastri adds any new profound insights to the game ?? I think Sri's observations on fast bowlers are very very interesting if one listens with a keen ear. Also since he has played with quite a few of the current players he knows their personalities better than most.

But the best part of Srinath is that like Manjrekar he is very very candid. Unlike Manjrekar, he is not shrewd. He is therefore an open book and that is what I love about him the most.

1 comment:

Dr Anand Lakhkar said...

Hi Gk , i completed a year of blogging yesterday , do check out my post A Year Of Blogging - 1.