Thursday, January 15, 2009

Most Promising Young Batsman ?

This seems to be a good time for raising this question what with a couple of test spots beginning to open up - Yuvraj has staked first claim to Ganguly's spot - largely thanks to Dhoni's friendship I think - and Badri has been in the hunt - however I don't really think of these batsmen as young.

So I have come up with this list of 6 - Virat Kohli- India U19 captain and stylish strokemaker, Suresh Raina - a consistent performer for India in the ODI squad this year, Robin Uthappa - audacious right hander who has gone off the boil a bit, Rohit Sharma - classy, elegant, cool, will deliver under pressure, Cheteshwar Pujara - scores triple hundreds as easily as brushing his teeth in the morning and Ajinkya Rahane - has had a very consistent domestic season for Mumbai.

My vote clearly goes to Rohit but that may be just because of my weakness for lazy elegance. What do you guys think ? Vote away !



5 comments:

Rajesh said...

I vote for Suresh Raina.
BPO work from home

Thomas Rooney said...

This is a tough one to call, but I would probably go for Raina.

Top site by the way. Would you be able to email me when you get the chance? I have something I would like to run by you.

Thanks a lot,

Thomas

Valerie said...

i vote for shewag

live cricket: http://www.adsglobe.com/services/view.ads?listingId=38060

Pankaj said...

You made this list 2 years back and the young guns have lived up to the expectations like Rohit and Virat

Sports Traveler said...

Oh, they are really so amazing! It would be great to see those players play live in front of your eyes. There are Cricket Holidays that you can attend to, which are affordable and luxurious indeed.