Sunday, September 25, 2005

Dada, For The Sake Of The Bengali Pride ...

If not for the team (he has long given up on it, in fact I don't even feel like calling this my Team India these days, it is a collection of individuals some of whom get along with SG and some who don't), not for the simple principles of fairness, not for anything else then at least for the sake of the great Bengali pride, Sourav should do the right thing - hand over the captaincy and redeem himself to some degree.

It really hurt me today when my family and I were discussing the issue watching the news channels go wild, that a person in my family suggested that Bengalis are always likely to play politics and that one should never trust them. I have so many of my best friends who are Bengali and I know that they are such extremely lovely people - mostly brilliant, go-getters at the same time extremely fair and just and likeable. Also excellent at making intelligent and precise discussions.

Bengal has given us so many great heroes - Tagore, Subhashchandra Bose, RD Burman, Kishore Kumar - to name a few - and until last year according to me Sourav Ganguly. This really pains me immensely.

No comments: