Monday, February 13, 2006

Question

For all you bloggers out there how do you go about writing a review of a match ?? I find it a tricky task indeed, although it sounds quite simple, for a cricket expert. Funnily I find it easier to write a piece on statistical analysis or expound some idea or criticize/analyze something abstract say a player's form, a strategy, a team's run than a 7-hour long day of cricket.

The reason I believe is that most people already know what has happened. So essentially what I try to bring out is some points that are not entirely obvious. But these needs to be done in keeping with the flow of the game. Plus one needs to make sure one does not go overboard with one's ideas and drift away from the actual game.

I noticed this while writing the review yesterday. I had all my points sorted out, yet when I sat down to write often I felt I was drifting away and rambling on. Any ideas, co-experts ??

No comments: