Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Bangladesh v England

Bangladesh 123/8 as I write. Will the results against India and South Africa still be categorized as "upsets" and not "wins" ? After today's show one might tend to go with this line of thought again. How many times have we thought Bangladesh had turned the corner only to follow up with something like this ? Admittedly, a challenging pitch, but still ...

A thumping win here will keep England in the tournament and Bangladesh out of it ... well not entirely, but almost.

14.42: Did I speak too early ... yet again ? I left with England at 48/2 anticipating a stroll in the park, when I return it is 110/6 and this is a tense scrap yet again ! The Desi Boys seem to have finally arrived on the big stage and they are here to stay. Or are England just too weak ? I do think they will manage to scrape through this one though.

No comments: