Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Man Of The Series ?

So who is likely to be the Man of This World Cup Tournament ? I say likely to be, because I believe it has not really yet begun in the true sense - only when the top 4 teams have played against each other will I believe that we will come to know something.

My vote goes to Shane Bond. I believe he can be the single largest factor in influencing this tournament. Figure this - the top 4 teams so far have been Australia, New Zealand, Sri Lanka and South Africa. Sri Lanka and South Africa played a really close game and South Africa were thrashed by Australia. So I think going with the old school thought of bowlers being the one winning matches, I think the attacks of South Africa and Sri Lanka though good still don't measure up to Australia. But what the Aussie attack lacks is that X-factor that Bond provides.

The name is Bond, SHANE Bond.

1 comment:

sagarborgaonkar said...

Hi Gaurav

Its sad that you are not a part of our cricket group.But looking forward to your return there.

The man of the series.
Shane Bond is definitely in contention. But I am not able to zero down on one single player as yet.
fleming, bond, haydos, ponting and mcgrath,sanath and malinga, kallis, smith...some of these players are very much in contention too..
I would personally like to see somebody like fleming, peiterson or sangakkara getting it..
I do not think that Sangakkara has any chance now,unless he puts up a superlative performance.
Bond is really impressive.He always delivered with the new ball in 1st spell. but the great part in this WC is that he is able to deliver whenever the ball is tossed to him.
In another 2 weeks picture will be somewhat clear..so lets park this discussion until then..

Sagar