Wednesday, February 09, 2005

The Ahmedabad Issue (Part 2)

It would be optimistic even childish to expect Pakistan to agree to play in Ahmedabad, more so without making a fuss of it. Clearly, the political reasons exist and there is definitely some degree of truth in security fears as well - but most important is the fact that we did not play a Test Match at Karachi last year. Clearly, we faced a similar situation for all that my friends would argue of Ahmedabad being safer than Karachi - in the eyes of the Pakistanis it will definitely not be. Hypothetically, if it was, I think they are still justified in following a tit-for-tat policy. They have already suggested playing an ODI in Mumbai - yes, we did play one in Karachi - what is it if not tft ??

I think I am with the PCB on this one - yes, Chennai would be a much better option - for me - the best part is Chennai is 100 times more likely to give a result than Ahmedabad !!!

Narhari Amin - stop crying.

No comments: