Wednesday, February 16, 2005

OH NO !!!

My dislike for Ashish Nehra is well-known. Once again, just when I had happily written him off for the Test series against Pakistan, he has come up with a 6-wkt haul in the Duleep Trophy !!! Please !! It has happened so many times in the past he has come up with a good performance just to follow it up with 10 terrible ones. I suppose the selectors will have to consider him again after this now - real pity !!

I also do not think too highly about Shib Shankar Paul - and guess what, he has come up with a 6-wkt haul as well !!! God help me !! Well, I think with Zaheer Khan and Irfan Pathan (subject to fitness) sure to pick up the first 2 seamers' spots, Nehra, Paul and Balaji would fight for 2 places - I think the selectors will go with Nehra in the end - as Balaji is also coming back after an injury and it would be too risky to go with 2 bowlers coming back after an injury !!!

If you want more details of why I hate Ashish Nehra and the list of his poor performances, ask me. I could write a new post on that.

No comments: