Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Impressive my Dear Watson

For long I have considered Shane Watson an overhyped cricketer mainly by hopeful Aussies deprived of a great all-rounder. When it was suggested after the Ashes that he should be nurtured to be developed into a Flintoff, I nearly laughed my intestines out. But today he impressed me quite a bit mostly with his pace which is really up there - in the 140s - definitely as much as if not on a consistent basis higher than Flintoff. So maybe there is something that can be worked upon there. He has to improve a great deal with the bat though. As some commentator pointed out today he would probably be better-off batting higher up.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you are well!

Gaurav said...

Oh yeah Im fine and thanks for the concern.

Hope you are well too

Cheers