Monday, November 21, 2005

Examination By Fire

This is likely to be an examination by fire for this English team that is considered by itself and others to really have what it takes to be the best in the World. Of course, the Ashes has been won, but then India had defeated Australia at home too. It didn't make them the best team in the World.

England are 1 down and facing a mammoth total of 462 on a track that is past its best and likely to aid spin later. Moreover England can't afford to even think about a draw if the series is to be won. Should be rivetting stuff.

I back Strauss to come good. He has at least one big innings every series, usually in the first half. If it so happens there is no reason to believe that this series is done and dusted

Update 1: England 44/2. Strauss and Vaughan gone. Sad, but great to see Rana among the wickets. I like this hardworking cricketer. He has bowled an unplayable ball to Vaughan. Btw, sad because I am supporting England this time because I want the series to remain alive

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Unfortunately I don't share your enthusiasm. I think England are on track for a series loss and they helpless to stop it.

Hope I'm wrong though!