Saturday, November 26, 2005

Zalet Bahu, Hotil Bahu, Pari Ya Sam Ha ? (11175+ and counting)

All Hail The King Of World Cricket - "Sir" Brian Charles Lara
(Image courtesy www.spiceisle.com)
The title is in my mother-tongue, Marathi. Simply translated, means "There have been many, there will be many, but anyone like this ?"

Well, words are deficient when I start talking about Brian Lara even under normal circumstances. Today that he has reached a milestone no man has ever reached, I am even more lost for words. What can I say ?

I salute you, O King of All Kings !! Thank you, thank you very much for all the joy provided. Please accept my humble gratitude.

Here my good friend Om on his newly created blog describes the Lara magic.
Vaneisa Baksh in Cricinfo takes a look at the Lara Odyssey. I do think she goes a bit roundabout initially (but I don't blame her - as I said when one talks about Lara he/she can suddenly suffer from an inability to handle words) but she finishes off quite beautifully - I'll leave that for you to read
George Binoy takes a look at some of the milestones in Lara's career.

Will Keep this as a sticky post and add more as and when I get it.

1 comment:

M said...

Yup! Words fail to capture the phenomenon of Lara.